Monday, July 24, 2006

Making Progress...

So... we've been in the new place for a week and a few days... here's where we are at now:

We had to buy a new couch and chair since our old sectional didn't fit! So, we found this great leather couch and chair/ottoman from City Furniture. It's a distressed looking leather which I love - it kinda looks like a worn in leather jacket... and it's really comfy! So, I am happy we found something we liked that fits in the space!














Yesterday Pat and I hung all of these framed photos of our family in the living room. I love having them all in one place, although I want to add more frames and pictures eventually. I ordered all of the prints in black and white and found some wood frames at Target - I'm happy with how it turned out - we didn't have anything like this before!









We also found some patio furniture for our porch! We figured we needed to go ahead and find something since most places are getting rid of their patio furniture for back to school items - you'd think in Florida they would have patio sets year round, but unfortunately that's not how it is! So, we found this little table and 4 chairs at Lowe's... it fits nicely on the patio!














So, that is what we have accomplished so far - still lots to go... I need to hang shelves in the scrapbook room along with some framed pictures, etc. I also haven't done a thing yet in the guest bedroom or the bathrooms. Anyway, just wanted to update! I wish I had more exciting things to write about! :(

5 comments:

Christina Padilla said...

very cute place Kristi! Looks real cozy!

Anonymous said...

looks like home! love the new seating!

Reen said...

What?! This IS exciting! I'm so happy for you!! New furniture, pictures, chairs.....I'm excited! So kewl to have a new place.

You must be exhausted from all this moving. Take care of yourself Kristi. Make sure you take a little time for you before you head back to school ;)

Hugs, reen

Anonymous said...

Your place is looking great, Kristi! Love all of your new furniture.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I could live in that chair...looks so comfy! Glad you guys are getting settled in.