Sunday, October 28, 2007

Homemade Halloween Costumes

You've got to love homemade Halloween costumes!! They are truly the best! My sister, Kim, was going to a Halloween Party and asked me what she should dress up as... well after thinking about it a bit I suggested that she could be an 80's workout girl! She instantly loved the idea and the brainstorming began. We had so much fun talking out every aspect of her costume - from her hot pink leggings with heather gray legwarmers - to her plastic bangle bracelets and earrings - to her cut-off sweatshirt complete with "jazzercise" iron-on logo - to her braided headband with a ponytail on the side. What made the outfit even better was Susan's suggestion to find an image of the "airbrush kitten" that was popular in the 80s to add to the sweatshirt and Susan also found my mom's old rhinestone machine (back from our Baton Twirling days) so Kimmie could add some bling to her ensemble.

Here is the finished product... kind of makes me wish I had a Halloween Party to go to - maybe next year...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm dying...LOL! That is the best costume I've seen in a long time, I LOVE it!!!

Nicole said...

Hilarious!!! She plays the part well! Great pics too.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!!!!

Anonymous said...

omg! that is so cool!
im trying to find ideas for my jazzercise outfit for halloween i think jazzercise is the bomb! the baby is sooooo cute too!

Anonymous said...

where did you find the leggins and socks...me and some friends are 80s jazzercisers for haloween scavenger hunt

Anonymous said...

Hey where can I get legwarmers or a tshirt/sweatshirt like that??? Plz help:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! School is having this crazy 8's day where you get together with 8people and dress alike and this was our idea but I had no idea what to wear. This rocks! I'm so excited now :)

Anonymous said...

whitout shoes??why barefoot???