Monday, August 14, 2006

Back to School...

Oh my, how can it possibly be "Back to School" time again... Didn't we just get out for summer vacation? For the past week, Mindy and I have been HARD at work preparing our classroom for this coming school year. Today, I am happy to report, we finally finished (for the most part). I think we've created a warm and friendly atmosphere, it's home to us for the next 10 months!

Here are a few shots of our new room...












So.... would you want to spend 2nd grade with us????

**** A few of you have asked how Mindy and I share a classroom - we co-teach or team-teach. Basically we have 2 classes of kids put into one classroom. So, for example, in the past we've had 36 kids (18 each) but we all reside in one room. Mindy and I teach everything together all day long. Usually one of us will lead a lesson and the other will walk around and help kids or pull a small group, etc. It works out really well for us and we absolutely love this style of teaching!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHhh how fun! Your room looks great! You two did an awesome job.

Do you jobshare? Or co-teach?? I didn't realize there were two of you in your room. That must be fun!

Anonymous said...

Kristi! Your room looks so colorful and cozy. Your students will love it. When does school officially start? Have a great year!!

Anonymous said...

looks like fun! I will gladly go back to second grade!

Have a great year!

Anonymous said...

Your room looks fantastic. I would definitely love to spend 2nd grade with you. But I would rather scrapbook. :) Have a great year!!!

Anonymous said...

SOOO CUTE! I love your colorful room! Have a wonderful year--your students are lucky to have you guys! =)

Anonymous said...

Your room looks great with a lot of colors for visual stimulus and the creative tree. Wishing you a stress-free year!

Tisha

Reen said...

You have one of the brightest, happiest classrooms I've ever seen! I hope Trixie and Dixie have the best year ever!!!
reen

Anonymous said...

Do you guys co-teach or how does it work? Do you have a huge class then? Just curious! Looks very cute :)