Wednesday, August 09, 2006

what a day...

So, today was my first *official* day back to school (pre-planning)... Of course I was excited and anxious and ready to get back into a routine... Just like any other year. Anyway, this morning I woke up early (too early if you ask me), did my hair all cute, put on make up and a fun outfit (complete with a fun new necklace from target). Then I ran downstairs to put on my sandals, grab a diet coke and be outside in time for Mindy to pick me up. Thankfully I was ready in time and we left for school.

Fast forward 2 hours... I've walked all over the place, said hello to everyone, chatted it up with collegues, etc. I'm standing with Mindy talking to a few other teachers and one of them mentions, "Kristi... do you know that you are wearing two different shoes?" I'm like "HUH???"... Of course I then looked down at my mis-matched sandals and realized how silly I looked. It wasn't long before the rest of the faculty knew too... as my assistant principal then called me up for the "best dressed award of the day"... so, yes, I started out the school year as the ditzy blonde girl who can't match her shoes...

Regardless, it's good to be back... now I just need to pay attention to my shoes, as much as I pay attention to my hair and accessories! :) Oh, what a way to start off the school year!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG That is too freakin hilarious! How fun to go back to school.... wish I was LOL!

Hope the start of your year is great (and good thing you didn't mis-match your shoes on a day students were there LOL! You know you'd never live that down! HAHA)

Anonymous said...

Hahhhhhhhhhhhhh! that is FUNNNNNNYYYYYYY!!!!!

Reen said...

Oh my GOSH Kristi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so funny! You have me laughing ova here!!! I think it's gonna be a great, fun year for you!!

(I love your new little avatar picture!! cuteness!!)

Anonymous said...

lol! picture please! :)

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaaaa!!!! I wanna see a picture of that too!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Thats hilarious!!

Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom said...

haaaahahaaaa!! That's a good one Kristi!!

Anonymous said...

That is a funny story, Kristi! Glad you could look back and laugh at it yourself. :) Have a great year!!!!

Libby Pritchett said...

HAAAA! Oh Kristi. That's classic! Did someone take pics for you? ;) Totally something I would do, so I can completely sympathize! Hope the rest of your year goes a little more smoothly!